A Force To Be Reckoned With
… [The band] tackles a style of technical prog-influenced instrumental hard rock that’s never been mainstream except in music stores packed with aspiring Satrianis. Even more astonishing is that the band approaches it with sophistication well beyond its years.” - Free Times Magazine (Cleveland, OH)
Gravity is (from left to right):
- Vikram Shankar: Keyboards
- Matt Kerschner: Drums & Percussion
- Eric Potapenko: Guitars
- Brian Craft: Bass Guitars
Straight out of the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio, Gravity is causing a stir with their melodic and technically-proficient brand of progressive rock music. Their two full-length CDs, combined with their high-energy live shows, have received rave reviews from listeners all over the world.
Over its six-year history, Gravity has achieved numerous accomplishments including:
- Winning several Ohio competitions, including the Live Nation 2007 High School Rock Off at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame where they placed first out of 200 Ohio bands;
- Opening for Dream Theater three times as a featured local act during their Progressive Nation tour stops;
- Peforming alongside Symphony X, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, and Rhapsody of Fire at the legendary Peabody’s Downunder in downtown Cleveland;
- Headlining the Three Rivers Progressive Rock Festival (3RP) in Pittsburgh alongside many well-known international prog bands;
- Performing with former Trans-Siberian Orchestra vocalist Kelly Keeling at a one-off holiday performance;
- Being the featured artist in a 2011 Metro Toyota commercial aired throughout Northeast Ohio.
Gravity’s first full-length CD Into Oblivion was released in 2007 and they are currently performing in support of their 2010 release, Midnight Sonata. You can listen to some of Gravity’s unique progressive rock tracks on the band’s home page.